Friday, November 25, 2011

Invasion of the Parasite!!!


Day 0

        Dan and I’ve got problems. There's no need for alarm though (ahem, family members!). I'll be fine. It’s a common, but unusual (for me) health problem that could be fixed with a one-time pill.  I discovered a symptom that seemed all too familiar (won't say where) while I was at work, and called Dan in a panic. We shared each other's disgusted sentiments, promised we'd go to the hospital, and hung up the phone. Dan called me back later that day after making a similar discovery. I felt slightly better knowing my friend had a little friend too. We made a plan to go to the hospital the next week. After the call, I opened up Google and immediately typed in "____________", looking over my shoulder to make sure I could be horrified and in awe in solitude.

        I'm not going to tell you straight out what kind of infection I have because I'm half mortified and I half want to leave you guessing (the writer needs to have some fun too).

        All I’ll say is that I have a parasitic infection.

1 comment: